{food for thought}
Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. {1 Thessalonians 5:16-18}

Friday, November 13, 2009

Geode Ya Know!

For Christmas '08 my TN bestie, Kelly P, gave Orion some geode rocks to break open. I know what your thinking... Christmas was well... almost 11 months ago, what's with the hold up? Along with the geodes she gave me a beautiful piece of pottery that she'd made. Pottery + Geode Rocks = Perfect Storage (for rocks that is anyway). I had found them a couple of weeks ago and had 'em in the back of my mind for a later activity. Last weekend he wanted to break open rocks in the drive way, trying out his new safety goggles, so I thought, perfect. Ran upstairs, grabbed the rocks, and the smashing commenced!

~The Rocks~


~The Tools~


~The Attempt~



~Busted~

(Daddy helped a little with the first one;)

~The Happy Boy~


~The Second Attempt~


~Chip Off  The Old Block~


~The Treasure~


Thank You Kelly!!! It was the best...
see some things are worth waiting for...
 or happily stumbling upon:)


No comments: