{food for thought}
Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. {1 Thessalonians 5:16-18}

Friday, January 22, 2010

Today...

Today... I feel tired. Tired & unmotivated. Unmotivated when I need to be motivating. I have hit a wall today, most of me is on the floor. Today... I need encouragement, strength, focus. This past week has been difficult, left me a little bitter in a lot of ways. Empty when I should be full, joy surrounds me... new beginnings, new life growing, renewed sense self. Yet the mornings have been hard. Hard to open my eyes, to focus, to think, to organize, to go. Thank goodness for my husband. My husband, who has picked up the slack this week when I. just. could. not. get. out. of. bed. to get school going or at night after a long day, finishing up homework, giving baths, picking up where I just couldn't start. For him, I am thankful, grateful. Grateful to have him to lean on in times of need. I have someone, for that I am grateful. I have family & friends, so loving & understanding, no judgement. I will pull myself off the floor, I will motivate, the joy will return, the bad taste in my mouth will go away, my eyes will open, it will all fall into place. I have someone who believes in me, loves me, respects me, trusts me, who'd give his life to save mine. Love is motivation, I love him, I will put the floor beneath my feet and start moving. Chin up, sun on my face, light in my eyes. You should always, "Be who you are & say what you feel because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind." ~ Dr. Seuss

I will jump in feet first...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

you my friend keep me going, i wish that i could scoop you up and throw you into a pool of happy-sunshiny-crazy-feel-good-wahoo-brassmonkey-fun. you keep me going my friend, now that this week will end, any physical or emotional blah will pass and you will continue to grow, sustain, raise, and thrive. your growth is a reason to celebrate, maybe you should make yourself a cake, a cake to celebrate how awesome you and your family are. bake the cake and write on the top i celebrate us. chocolate cake with vanilla icing and strawberries!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i might make one tomorrow if you don't make one today, then i will mail you piece.

Unknown said...

OMG!!! i love the new look....it is so perfect for everything, for the tone of your blog, for the ideas and the family and everything. i love love love it.