{food for thought}
Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. {1 Thessalonians 5:16-18}

Thursday, April 21, 2011

trips

trips to timeout before 9am, tripping over my-grumpy-no-one-respects-me-attitude, thoughtful trips from a blond-haired,
brown-eyed talkative cutie with a wonderful garden gift from a blessed friend, impromptu trips to the market, lacking underwear
for the little bean but not pants of course, lingering flashbacks from said gone wrong market trip, short sweet & simple, turned into
screaming crying & writhing as i tried to wrangle my littlest {none listening} bean into the much too small cart seat, judgemental
stares from that other mom whose two perfect little angels aren't making a peep, all the while still struggling the writhing bean into
the cart, market trip finished, everyone still intact, ego a little bruised, quietly sobering car trips home serenaded
{not once but twice}with a song that reminds me of him, you know that awesomely patient husband of mine who was an unfortunate
bystander to my-grumpy-no-one-respects-me attitude which spilled over onto him this morning, sorry sweetie.

God is great & gives us trials that trip to help us realize He is there to catch the fall. Through each one of the trying trips
this morning, He oh so graciously provided a thoughtful trip, each in it's own way an eye-opening, faith strengthening tidbit.
For He knows the real reason my heart has been so heavy the last few days & I am eternally trusting in Him for strength &
clarity, to realize these trying trials are nothing in comparison to the heaviness that resides in my heart over the regret of missed
opportunities & lack of faith in His inner workings of my life, for not seeing the divine image as a whole & connecting
the dots, for not healing broken hearts & making amids. But through it all He has still kept His promises & blessedly
graced me with clarity for faith makes all things possible, not easy.

Faith
"I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

From here & into the after He will no longer allow me to have eyes wide shut, only wide open to His ever present workings,
He has given me His eyes so that I can see & I am eternally humbled by His call for me to find contentment, whatever the circumstances.

No comments: