{food for thought}
Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. {1 Thessalonians 5:16-18}

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Shadow Shot Sunday #3!

So this week I have been quite playful with shadows:) And this one was by far my favorite shot this week. Used this bit of handed-down lace (one of my favorites from my Grandmother) in an apron I have been working on for a swap. Turned to notice this strong shadow from the morning light shining on it, thought it was just beautiful.


Shadow from my hand-painted martini glass for a swap.
Do you see what I see? :) Love this shot!


Light from a cracked door.


Reflection off our laundry basket onto the kitchen floor.


Shot this while taking some photos of my Martini Madness Apron and noticed the shadow of the reverse material showing through the fabric, thought it looked very interesting.


The guys reading a few comics, old school G.I. Joe,
used to be my husband's.


Taken tonight, right before we came in
from sledding, most of the evening!


A little 'play on photos' for V-Day:)


Happy Early Valentine's Day!

Special thanks to Hey Harriet for featuring one of my shadow shots in her weekly mosaic of participants, second mosaic, seventh shot in. If you want to check it out and other awesome shadow shots go here. Thanks again I am quite honored!

Happy SSS!

10 comments:

Jen said...

Awesome Shadow shots! That lace one is great!
Happy SSS to you.

Everything said...

fabulous shots again.....love the one of the boys reading.....glad to see your developing a hyealth addiction to shadows! Happy SSS

Cassie said...

What cool shadow shots! Your hubby & son reading: awesome photo. Loved the shadow olives in the martini glass too.Clever.

Your photos of your family (in previous posts)are quite captivating. I hope you've put them on paper for the future.:<)

Guy D said...

Christine these are all brilliant pics, the last one is definitely my favourite.

All the best
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Hey Harriet said...

Oh my gosh how creative you are! You've captured so many cool shadows this week, and I LOVE your V-Day pic! Hope you have a super week ahead :)

Birgitta said...

Fabulous shadow pics Christine!

BLOGitse said...

So many nice SSS photos.
Are they olives what you've painted on that glass? For me the spots look like olives...yummy, I like olives. And dry martinis. :)

http://BLOGitsePHOTOS.blogspot.com

Christine said...

From one Christine to another - your photos are fantastic! You have a good eye. I love the martinia glass. It takes attention to get shots like that. Thanks for visiting!

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

Wow...lots of great SSs! The lace is too cool!!!

sunnymama said...

Really love the first one especially! :)