{food for thought}
Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. {1 Thessalonians 5:16-18}

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Destash-Along Project #1

Baby Booties & Handmade Gift Box
Starting out small, but hey you have to start some where, right? I made a pair of baby booties for a friend of mine who's sister is due any day now. I also made the booties their own gift box, from scrapbook materials! Look at the booty on the bottom right, see the eyelet hole in back? Well I started putting those on my booties not to long ago, so that when baby out grows them (as they do so quickly) they can still be enjoyed. How?, you ask! You just pull a pretty ribbon through both loops, thus stringing them together, and VOLA! A brand new sentimental Christmas ornament to go on tree year after year:)

~Boot-E-Rrific~


I even wrote a little poem! Usually print this on velum, then glue to the inside lid of the box. But since her sister is ready to deliver any minute now and it is not for a shower I left it off this box.

~Poem~
Here among the presents with ribbons & bows...
Is a tiny pair of booties, for your little ones toes!
When the bottles aren't needed, and little feet hit the floor...
Hang them from your Christmas tree, and think of years before!

Happy Destashing!

4 comments:

gin said...

what a precious gift! and it just keeps on giving and giving every year when they hang it on the tree. how sweet!

randi said...

So cute! And that poem is just precious!

laura said...

such cute little booties! i wish i had the patience to make something like that.
p.s. thanks for visiting my blog the other day, come back to visit anytime :)

Yarni Gras! said...

that is great! I've already done some de-stashing of my own! I adore the booties and poem!