{food for thought}
Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. {1 Thessalonians 5:16-18}

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A little Thank You Note:)



(Photos from Carter Mtn. Orchard '07)

My husband (Ken) and I feel so fortunate to have the most open-hearted and wonderful friends and neighbors, The Myers Family. Tonight they proved me right once again by opening up their home and dinner table to me, Orion, and Ethan (Ken was working). Baked spaghetti was on the menu as well as great conversation, children's laughter, and a sense of comfort in knowing that we have made life long friends:)

Jason Myers is a loving, caring father and a very thoughtful husband I hear:) He knows all Jillian's "love languages" and helps out as much as possible. He works for Channel 8 News doing the weather and traffic. Some days he works early morning (leaves the house before the rooster crows) and some he works at night and even then he comes home between to help with baths and bedtime. Jason also does a side job of broadcasting the weather for one of our local Christian radio stations. He is very involved with church, his kids, tennis, and a wonderful friend to my husband.

The Myers Children...
Andrew, age 5, he is bright and full of life. A great friend and influence for Orion. Smart as a whip and always willing to talk:) I enjoy our little conversations on the porch, today it was all about the Pumpkin Patch, such enthusiasm for life.
Lilly, age 3, she is cute as a button and tough as a boy. She has stolen my heart though because I have no girls and she gives that glimpse into what it might be like. She is an energetic, tutu toting tom boy and I love it.
Luke, age 1, he is a bashful and loving little one. His head down peaking at you from under the brow look gets me every time:) Just learning to give kisses and talk but already keeping up with the big kids. Tonight he said hamburger and I loved it. Can't wait til Ethan is this age because to me it's the best.

What can I say about the woman who makes it all happen... well a lot! Jillian is a super mama handling 3 children all under the age of 5! Her other talents include: homeschooling her oldest and still taking care of two other kids, seamstress (purses, diaper bags, custom clothes, window treatments, and so much more), coordinating play dates for MOPS as well as handling the newsletter, housekeeper, boo boo mender, chef and she is very involved in her church. Not to mention the fact that her house sometimes looks like she has WAY more than just 3 kids:) Because their yard is where ALL the kid-os from the neighborhood congregate. Did I mention that she also is very active with her children... check out their blog, http://myersfamily4.blogspot.com/ and you will SEE what I mean. She is an inspiration and a driving force in my life, whether she knows it or not:)

So thank you not just for dinner tonight but for being such great friends, always willing to give excellent advice, help, or just an ear to bend. We appreciate all that you do and are very grateful that you have been placed in our life.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Christine,
Well that is more than a "little" thank you note I must say, your expression of appreciation is overwhelming. You are a welcome part of our lives and are always welcome at our home. We consider ourselves likewise blessed to have you all as neighbors. Hope your week gets off to a great start!
Jillian